The LaunchTown Entrepreneurship Awards are an idea competition, seeking students with the BEST IDEA for a new business, product or service that addresses a significant market need. This is an open competition, available to all students, of all majors, from all colleges and universities. $10,000 in cash prizes available.
March 10, 2017- Proposals due
April 10, 2017 - Semi final presentations 9am-noon
April 27, 2017 - Final presentations and awards
- Teams must be 2-5 students
- Multiple disciplines are encouraged
- Faculty/staff advisor preferred
- Proposal not to exceed four pages
- Submit as one PDF file
- Proposal should include answers to the following questions:
- What is your technology based product, service or business idea?
- Why is it different and what makes it special?
- How are you going to create it?
- What are you going to charge for it?
- How are you going to sell it?
- Who is going to buy it?
- Who are your competitors?
- What are your competitive advantages?
- Judging will be based on the quality of the idea and the following rubric:
- Likelihood of commercialization and business impact on the region (50%)
- Marketability, including IP (25%)
- Materials and presentation (25%)