Foundation Receives Hudson Knowledge Workforce Award
On November 21, Burton D. Morgan Foundation was awarded the 2019 Hudson Knowledge Workforce Award by the Hudson Chamber of Commerce. According to the Intelligent Communities Forum, which ranks Hudson 19th in the world in the 2019 rankings of knowledge workforce strength, a "knowledge workforce is a labor force that creates economic value through its knowledge, skills and ability to use information effectively."
The award was presented at the Chamber breakfast during Global Entrepreneurship Week. Other honorees included:
- Chamber Member of the Year: Eric Jones, PNC Bank
- Hudson Legacy Award: Learned Owl Book Shop
- Advocacy Award: The Hudson High School Chapter of Drug Free Clubs of America
- Spirit of Hudson Award: EMS Outreach RUOK?
- Broadband Award: Taazaa
- Digital Equality Award: First Congregational Church of Hudson
- Sustainability Award: e-Waste
- Knowledge Workforce Award: Burton D. Morgan Foundation
- Innovation Award: Stretch & Catch Reading Center