Deadline Approaching for Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge
Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge is a pitch contest for students in Northeast Ohio in grades K-12. It is a simple set of activities that help kids learn creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. Pitch Challenge teaches essential workforce readiness skills and helps kids develop a mindset for 21st century careers whether or not they become an entrepreneur. Kids compete in one of three age groups: K-4, 5-8, or 9-12 grade.
ENTERING IS SIMPLE!
- Think of a business idea. It can be a product, service, social enterprise, or technology business.
- Create a video of yourself pitching the business idea. Enter as an individual. No team entries in this contest.
- Keep the camera focused on you for most of the video. We want to see and hear you pitching your idea. We don’t want to see a commercial.
- Keep your video short, 30-90 seconds is the time frame.
- Entries will be judged on the CREATIVITY of the idea, business name, and video; the PERSUASIVENESS of the elevator pitch; and the OVERALL QUALITY of the idea, pitch and video.
- Complete the entry form and upload your video by February 25, 2022.
- Practice is key. We do not want to see you reading from a sheet of paper.
- Be enthusiastic! Viewers will be more interested in your idea if you are excited about it.
- If filming on your cell phone, hold your phone horizontally – vertical videos do not look professional.
- October 4, 2021 – February 25, 2022: Entries Accepted
- March 11, 2022: Finalists Announced
- April 1, 2022 – April 8, 2022: Public Voting
- April 20, 2022: Winners Announced
FIFTEEN (15) FINALISTS FROM EACH AGE GROUP RECEIVE
$40 Amazon gift card
FIVE (5) WINNERS FROM EACH AGE GROUP RECEIVE
- $40 Amazon gift card
- $20 Mitchell's Ice Cream gift card
- Choice of (1) Draft Pick Drawing prize (below)
- Entrepreneurial board game
- Personalized Trophy... and more!
THREE (3) DRAFT PICK DRAWING WINNERS (ONE IN EACH AGE GROUP) WILL RECEIVE CHOICE OF:
- Airpods with wireless charging case
- Two (2) tickets to Cedar Point (date tbd based on availability)
- Gift card pack - $20 gift card to five (5) different retailers