Apply Now for I-Corps
The University of Akron's I-Corps program is accepting applications through February 5. The I-Corps program is perfect for early stage entrepreneurs who want to validate their idea’s problem-solution fit by conducting customer interviews. Over the course of 7 weeks, program participants will learn the ins-and-outs of customer discovery while working alongside a network of fellow entrepreneurs and advisors. By the end of the program, program graduates will have conducted 21 customers interviews, performed a preliminary market size estimation, documented a competitive analysis and customer archetype, and delivered bi-weekly update presentations on their progress throughout the course.
The I-Corps program is open to faculty, staff, and community-led teams.
The I-Corps program can help you:
- Get clarity on your customer
- Learn and apply best practices on the business model canvas
- Get direct feedback on your business idea
- Expand your network and access needed resources
- Level up your business!
If selected for the I-Corps Program, teams will attend a 7-meeting training session that requires them to:
- Conduct at least 21 interviews with potential customers or end users
- Perform preliminary market research and competitive analysis
- Present their progress and evolving business idea multiple times
- Meet with mentors and instructors to receive candid feedback
All meeting sessions will be conducted virtually for this cohort.
The meeting schedule for the fall I-Corps program is as follows:
- Week 1: Friday, February 24, 2023 (Group Meeting, 12pm - 2:30pm EST)
- Week 2: Friday, March 3, 2023 (Individual Meeting, 30-minute time slot between 9am and 3pm EST)
- Week 3: Friday, March 10, 2023 (Group Meeting, 12pm - 2:30pm EST)
- Week 4: Friday, March 17, 2023 (Individual Meeting, 30-minute time slot between 9am and 3pm EST)
- NO MEETING FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2023
- Week 5: Friday, March 31, 2023 (Group Meeting, 12pm - 2:30pm EST)
- Week 6: Friday, April 7, 2023 (Panel, 12pm - 1:30pm EST)
- Week 7: Friday, April 14, 2023 (Group Meeting final presentations, 12pm - 2:30pm EST)