Application Deadlines for Requests Greater than $20,000*
The Trustees of Burton D. Morgan Foundation typically meet three times each year, during January/February, June, and September, to consider requests. Deadlines for submitting Applications for grants over $20,000 are listed below. When the deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the online Application will be due by 5:00 pm on the next business day.
- May 1 for September Meeting
- September 1 for January/February Meeting
- February 1 for June Meeting
Note: Grant applications requesting $20,000 or less are not subject to deadlines and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
*The Foundation is in a transition period while we implement our new strategic framekwork. For the remainder of 2019, we will accept applications from current grantees only, with limited opportunity for expanded programming. No proposals from new applicants will be accepted in 2019.
- For grant requests over $20,000, the Foundation will resume accepting applications from new grantees February 1, 2020 for a June decision. A phone call or email to the Foundation in advance is still expected.
- For grant requests of $20,000 and under, the Foundation will resume accepting requests from new grantees January 1, 2020 for a rolling decision.
Approval & Submission
If your Application arrives incomplete, we may choose not to review your proposal until the next grant cycle after all required materials have been received. Often, the Foundation will request additional information after an Application has been submitted; if the supplemental information has not been submitted by the agreed upon date, the request may be deferred until the next meeting.