Helping Students Flourish and Succeed
Whether entrepreneurs are born or are molded by their personal circumstances, we know from research as well as long experience in the field that early exposure to hands-on learning and the nurturing of knowledgeable teachers and mentors helps them flourish and succeed.
That's why we support a rich and ever-expanding array of interconnected experiential opportunities for K-12 students and their teachers related to entrepreneurship and the free market.
All of these programs are designed to build confidence in kids, stimulate their problem-solving abilities, and deepen their school experiences. They also create a rich ecosystem of support and knowledge that helps young people progress along their educational journey.
Preparing Young People for Success
We prepare young people for entrepreneurial success by:
- Equipping their teachers with the quality training, programming, and peer networks that lead to academic excellence
- Providing them with opportunities to gain real-world entrepreneurial skills
- Developing pathways to further develop entrepreneurial competencies at each stage of their life
Our work is characterized by a determination to foster strong partnerships and a desire to continually introduce new and innovative ideas and approaches into the youth entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Burton D. Morgan Foundation values youth entrepreneurship programs that…
- build the entrepreneurial mindset
- collaborate with ecosystem partners
- leverage broader community resources
- engage diverse populations
- evaluate their effectiveness
- pivot to meet changing needs
- share lessons learned
- demonstrate fiscal responsibility