Team NEO, Program Manager - Industry & Innovation
Program Manager - Industry & Innovation
Senior Vice President, Industry and Innovation
A core strategy of Team NEO is the leadership and coordination of two technology clusters (Smart MFG and Additive MFG) across multiple industries to drive higher levels of adoption, product development and workforce development. Digital and other emerging technologies (IoT, 3DP, AI, AR, Robotics, Blockchain, etc.) are a major competitiveness issue for Northeast Ohio companies, particularly manufacturers as well as the technology solution providers who deliver these capabilities. Our goal is to make the region a leader in innovation, application and scaling of digital and emerging technologies. The Program Manager role is a major contributor to generating the desired technology development outcomes.
The Program Manager is an integral member of the Industry & Innovation Team and provides direct client support to the team and participants of both the Additive and Smart Manufacturing Clusters. He/she is responsible for managing the daily operations of the clusters (membership, marketing, events) and organizing and communicating technical and business development-oriented content to stakeholders that include small and large manufacturing companies, solution and service providers, incubators, and academia.
- Contributes directly to program/project planning, and development, co-ordination, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Coordinates outreach and communications with Cluster participants
- Develops market analysis report, general industry and technology research and assembles quarterly surveys to collect metrics and measure innovation cluster outcomes.
- Cluster Membership - Identifies and engages target companies that can bring value to the Cluster(s) and makes the business case for membership. Works directly with accounting to insure billing and payment and tracks renewal opportunities.
- Cluster Marketing, Communications and Development – serves as a liaison to the Team NEO Marketing Team on matters related to cluster advancement, including content creation, media relations assistance, social media efforts, newsletters, collateral and more.
- Cluster Event planning - plays the lead role in planning, invites, venue selection, sponsorship and all follow-up activities.
- Cluster Leadership Support – Assist leadership in management of the Cluster steering committees and working groups
- Identifies and coordinates written submission for federal and state grant opportunities
- Manages federal, state and regionally funded programs and projects with internal and external partners for industry & innovation initiatives. Provides insights, project management, writing, and necessary reporting for each program. Supports funded initiatives with content creation and management.
- Organizes weekly team meetings to ensure programs, projects and other cluster activity milestones are being met.
- Maintains Salesforce database and reports innovation cluster activity and outcomes.
- Embodies the core values of the organization and serves as an ambassador for Team NEO to internal and external audiences.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- No direct reports or budget responsibility (with exception of possibly managing interns)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to understand importance of role to organization’s mission
- Client service focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Functions well in a continually evolving environment
- Can manage periods of ambiguity
- Performs routine tasks/responsibilities without supervision. Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable making presentations to small or large audiences
- High comfort level with networking in peer groups
- Good sense of when to ask questions and how to report out
- Team oriented and collaborative
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years of business or related experience
- Experience in an manufacturing/engineering related environment is a plus
- Familiar with Salesforce or other CRM type products
- Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other personal computing tools
Travel is primarily in-region during the business day, although some early morning and after hours travel may be expected.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Team NEO is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Team NEO expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Team NEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send an electronic expression of interest and a resume to:
VP of Finance and Administration
1111 Superior Avenue, Suite 1600
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Resumes accepted through Friday, March 6