Team NEO, Director of Business Development - Manufacturing
Director of Business Development, Manufacturing
SVP – Industry and Innovation
Team NEO, JobsOhio and other key regional stakeholders have identified targeted industry calling and business relationship building as core strategies to accelerate the growth of companies in the 18 counties of the Northeast Ohio Region. Manufacturing is one of NEO’s largest contributors of economic output (#1) and jobs (#2) and consists of over 7,000 manufacturing related operations. The industry is experiencing a high degree of change driven by numerous competitiveness initiatives including technology adoption (Industry 4.0) that include IoT, robotics, machine learning, augmented reality, etc. Our goal is to accelerate the rate of adoption of digital technologies that leads to greater worldwide competitiveness for our manufacturing companies and to make our region a digital transformation center of excellence.
The Director of Business Development - Manufacturing has 5-10 years of related business or economic development experience working with manufacturing companies. This highly visible position in the community is comfortable working with corporate CEOs and other business decision makers, as well as engaging with local economic development leaders, higher education, elected officials and other stakeholders. The director is a self-starter and executing targeted business outreach calling on manufacturing related companies and executes the supporting tactics for a superior customer experience for companies operating inside the region. The director will also develop strategies for advancing manufacturing awareness and knowledge with companies in the region. Because of Northeast Ohio’s many organizations involved in business outreach and cluster activities, the director must be adept at collaborating with and leveraging these disparate resources.
- Execute against the Industry Target List and Sales Playbook to generate high-value company interactions
- Collaborate with partners in executing a manufacturing business development program that places an emphasis on strategic, outcomes-focused meetings with targeted companies in the region.
- Coordinate local partners with Team NEO, JobsOhio, and other resources in business visit preparation, execution and follow-up
- Develop a high awareness to regional and statewide manufacturing assets, talent, tools and resources that support business growth in Northeast Ohio, then leverage those resources in the work
- Identify and share aggregated insights and trends from the business development calling activities
- Leverage the Smart Manufacturing and Additive Manufacturing Roadmap and tools to maximize market’s emerging technology knowledge, adoption and integration.
- Work with regional partners (e.g., MAGNET, JumpStart, Bio Enterprise, universities, incubators, accelerators) on manufacturing industry strategies and joint programs to spur manufacturing company growth
- Maintain all customer and partner communications, activities, leads and projects within the Salesforce.com CRM tool
- Represent Team NEO among local business development teams, external meetings and networking functions as requested.
- Participate in status meetings with Team NEO staff and partners as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a strong functional knowledge of manufacturing trends and a passion for growing Northeast Ohio’s competitiveness in that space
- Ability to inject economic development value into every business development visit and activity
- 5-10 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or science preferred. Master's degree is a plus.
- Able to operate independently but engage teams as needed in the work
- Understanding of the best practices for high performance business development
- Both strategic and tactical in delivering work product
- Resourceful and performance driven in nature
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Able to sell vision and ideas; Client service focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-motivated and strives for continuous improvement in all aspects
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Passionate about personal and professional development
- Functions well in a continually evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Highly developed skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other personal computing tools
- Working knowledge of CRM system; Salesforce preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Frequent in-region travel with minimal out-of-region travel beyond the region will be required. Having access to a vehicle is required. Valid U.S. Passport and State of Ohio Driver License
Team NEO is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or genetic information throughout the employment process, from selection through termination. Team NEO expects all employees, vendors, and associates to support the nondiscriminatory policies of Team NEO.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send an electronic expression of interest and a resume to:
VP of Finance and Administration
1111 Superior Avenue, Suite 1600
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Resumes accepted through Friday, March 6