Bounce Innovation Hub - Manager of Community & Partnerships
The Manager of Community & Partnerships is an integral management role within Bounce that is responsible for researching, designing, coordinating, and planning coworking operations, entrepreneurial programs, events, collaborations, and partnerships for the Generator and Bounce as a whole. The Manager will report directly to the COO and work closely with the CEO and Director of Entrepreneurial Services to provide input on future budget and program modifications.
The role will include the management and/or developmental input of three different areas within Bounce:
- The Generator
The first floor of the Bounce Innovation Hub ecosystem is comprised of a café, coworking space (with open coworking, dedicated desks, and dedicated offices), event space, conference room rental space, eSports lab, and Workshop: A Creative Co-op.
- Corporate & Community Partnerships
Presenting Partners and corporate sponsors are corporations who sponsor Bounce through financial contribution. Community partnerships and collaborations are with organizations that help Bounce achieve its mission through thoughtful program coordination and residency within the facility.
The Generator is a large arm of Bounce’s operation, but it is not the only offering located at the facility. The Manager will work closely with the CMO to design, plan, and implement creative marketing strategies for the Generator and its programs.
Management of the Generator
- Design and implement the coworking & rental space revenue model, create a program strategy, run operations, and define stakeholders, progress metrics, and measures of success
- Assist Bounce leadership with strategy and planning activities related to activities within the Generator
- Act as the thought leader in the organization for the coworking industry
- Identify and implement new programming opportunities for both technology and non-technology companies designed to strengthen the entrepreneurial community
- Manage program support team and delegate responsibilities where appropriate
- Manage a team to assist with administrative, programming, and event support
Management of Partnerships
- In conjunction with CEO and COO, meet with potential Presenting Partners and other corporate sponsors and provide any meeting follow up including sending Presenting Partner Agreement, setting up meetings and tours, and managing completion of signing process
- Ensure that each Presenting Partner is adequately receiving benefits outlined in Presenting Partner Agreement
- Take initiative to attract and retain new Presenting Partners
- Collaborate with partner organizations to augment existing entrepreneurial programming in Akron, Summit County, and surrounding Northeast Ohio community
- Assist CEO and COO in forming new collaborations and drafting appropriate Memorandums of Understanding where necessary
- Reporting to the CMO, take the lead on designing and implementing creative marketing and sales strategies for the Generator and its various offerings.
- Working directly with CMO and graphic designer, create marketing materials, ads, and other mediums to facilitate awareness of the Generator
- Implement processes for lead generation, follow up, and new customer acquisition
- Oversee Bounce brand usage within all programs of the Generator and ensure usage complies with brand guidelines
- Assist CMO with implementation of social media strategies related to the Generator and Workshop
- Take the lead on bringing new and creative ideas to the table
Other duties as assigned – we’re a small team, we all pitch in!
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-8 years of business or professional experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in designing or leading successful programs or projects
- Experience in building and creating a community with a collaborative culture
- Experience in event management required
- Experience managing a team required
- Systems thinking with the ability to take a vision and make it a reality
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining mission focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter
- Willingness to self-educate and learn new industries
- Strong organization and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Commitment to the mission and values of Bounce
- Startup business knowledge or experience is a plus
- Non-profit experience is a plus
- Experience with coworking and coworking software solutions is a plus
Compensation commensurate with experience